Web site Usage Agreement between the African Technology Development Forum (ATDF) and the User.
- Use of this site constitutes agreement with the following terms and conditions.
ATDF wishes to enhance public access to information about its activities, and it maintains this Web site, and the information, documents and materials presented herein (collectively, the "materials"), for informational purposes only. ATDF is pleased to allow those who may choose to access the site (the "Users") to download and copy the materials for their own personal, non-commercial use, or for classroom use, subject to the conditions listed below.
- The User may reproduce materials from ATDF Web site free of charge and without written permission from ATDF as long as due recognition is given.
- However commercial symbols and pictures of other organizations and firms may require permission from them.
- Any use of textual and multimedia information (sound, image, software, etc.) in the Web site should be accompanied by an acknowledgement of the source, citing the uniform resource locator (URL) of the page (Title of the material, © ATDF, URL).
- The User may not copy otherwise, republish, lend, post on servers, transmit or redistribute to (mailing) lists this information for commercial purposes or for compensation of any kind without prior written permission from ATDF and/or fee.
- Some of the materials in the ATDF Web site may contain references to materials from third parties for which copyright must be honoured.
- The User may not modify the materials found in the ATDF Web site without the permission of ATDF.
- INFORMATION ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. The ATDF makes every effort to ensure, but does not guarantee, the accuracy or completeness of the information on its Web site. Our goal is to keep this information timely and accurate. If errors are brought to our attention, we will try to correct them.
- ATDF may add, change, improve, or update the information of the Web site without notice. ATDF reserves its exclusive right in its sole discretion to alter, limit or discontinue part of this site. Under no circumstances shall ATDF be liable for any loss, damage, liability or expense suffered which is claimed to result from use of this site, including without limitation, any fault, error, omission, interruption or delay. Use of this site is at User’s sole risk.
- Information contained in this Web site does not imply the expression of any opinion whatsoever on the part of ATDF concerning the legal status of any country or territory or of its authorities.
- The mention of specific companies or certain products does not imply that they are endorsed or recommended by ATDF in preference to others of a similar nature that are not mentioned.
- We make every effort to minimise disruption caused by technical errors. However some data or information on our site may have been created or structured in files or formats which are not error-free and we cannot guarantee that our service will not be interrupted or otherwise affected by such problems. ATDF accepts no responsibility with regards to such problems (failure of performance, computer virus, communication line failure, alteration of content, etc.) incurred as a result of using this site or any link to external sites.
- If this site contains message or communication facilities, the User shall not do any of the following:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others;
- Publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful material;
- Upload or attach files that contain software of other material protected by intellectual property laws unless the User owns or controls the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents;
- Upload or attach files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer;
- Upload, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available unsolicited advertising of any goods or services, or conduct or forward surveys, contests, "spam" or chain letters; etc.
User specifically acknowledges and agrees that ATDF is not liable for any conduct of any other User, including, but not limited to, the types of conduct listed above.
- This site may contain advice, opinions and statements from external Web sites. Hyperlinks to non-ATDF Internet sites do not imply any official endorsement of or responsibility for the opinions, ideas, data or products presented at these locations or guarantee the validity of the information provided. The sole purpose of links to other sites is to indicate further information available on related topics.
- ATDF reserves the right to deny at its sole discretion any User access to this site or any portion thereof without notice.
- For site security purpose and to ensure that this Web site remains available to all users, this Web site employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorised attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage and to detect other possible security breaches.
Linking to the ATDF Web site
- Except as limited by paragraph 2 above, a User who maintains an external Web site can include hyperlinks to ATDF Web site or to any of its pages on that external site, without having to ask permission. However, this use must not infringe ATDF’s rights, in particular relating to its logo, acronym and intellectual property rights.
- A link should not be used for the promotion of an organisation or company, or of any commercial products or services.
Other Copyright Issues email@example.com